Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band
Old Time Rock & Roll Again - Live In Concert - (Decibel)
Cobo Hall Arena
Detroit, Michigan, U.S.A.
June 15, 1980
FM Broadcast Recording
Flac & MP3 320kbps/48khz
Cover Art Included
Rest In Peace Tommy "Alto Reed" Cartmell
Lineage: Original silver CD > EAC > WAV > Trader's Little Helper > FLAC
CD1:
01 - Audience/Tuning/Introduction
02 - Feel Like A Number
03 - Travelin' Man/Beautiful Loser
04 - Still The Same
05 - Mainstreet
06 - Old Time Rock & Roll
07 - Turn The Page
08 - Against The wind
09 - Her Strut
10 - Horizontal Bop
11 - Fire Lake
12 - Betty Lou's Gettin' Out Tonight
13 - We've Got Tonight
CD2:
01 - Backing Singers Introductions
02 - Brave Strangers (Removed - Appears on "Nine Tonight")
03 - Fire Down Below (Removed - Appears on "Nine Tonight")
04 - Ramblin' Gamblin' Man
05 - Katmandu
06 - Night Moves
07 - Hollywood Nights
08 - Rock & Roll Never Forgets
09 - Let It Rock (Titled Rock & Roll Medley On Label)
Bob Seger Lead Vocal, Acoustic & Electric Guitar, Piano
Drew Abbott Acoustic & Electric Guitar
Craig Frost Keyboards
Chris Campbell Bass, Vocals
Alto Reed (R.I.P.) Organ, Flute, Alto & Tenor Saxophone
David Teegarden Drums, Vocals
Shaun Murphy Vocals, Percussion
Colleen Beaton Vocals
Kathy Lamb Vocals
Tommy "Alto Reed" Cartmell passed away from colon cancer December 30, 2020, he was 72.
As a lot of you who follow this blog know Bob Seger's music is very special to me. My childhood memories are rapped with his songs. One of my first concerts was Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band at Cobo Hall Arena. It was the Stranger In Town Tour, the opening act was a Southern Rock Band called Toby Beau. I went to this show with my best friend/cousin/partner in crime Jamie. His Mom & Dad and 2 more sets of Aunt & Uncles were going and had 2 extra tickets. I had snuck out in 1976 to see Kiss at Cobo. I also snuck out in 1978 to see Black Sabbath at Cobo with Van Halen, I was done for.
The following year I joined my first Garage/Basement band, my cousin Jamie went to the audition with me. He went to almost every audition with me. When my band Psychosis started touring Jamie was my roadie & personal security. When we lost him to a motorcycle accident it was too much. At first I couldn't listen to music for a while. Everything seemed to stir up to many memories. I almost quit the blog too (true story JD). Music finally brought me out of my depression. Bob Seger music especially, well Jamie gets to meet Alto Reed now. Rock & Roll Heaven just got another Bad Ass Sax Player....I always wanted to see Clarence Clemons & Alto Reed jamming together!! Jamie could be their roadie.
FLAC
Thursday, August 20, 2026
Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band - Old Time Rock & Roll Again: Live In Concert, Cobo Hall Arena, Detroit, MI 06-15-1980 (FM)
Labels:
Bob Seger,
Motor City Music
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Awesome. Thanks for this. Treasure hunt time... are there any shows from the 1983 run from Cobo? The same shows that yielded the B-Side "Fortunate Sun"
ReplyDeleteThis is a great one isn't it, I'm not sure if there are any leaked recordigs from the Cobo 1983 dates, I was at the first and third so would love either a soundboard or an audience recording from one of them. The only dates I have from 1983 are Hartford CT. 1983 which is an FM recording & The Cow Palace Daly City CA 1983 which is an audience recording. I download any Seger I find so if I see anything from Cobo 1983 it's mine lmao!
DeleteDave
You still here
ReplyDeleteYep analogkid610 I am still here. Thanks for asking. Been a rough couple of weeks. My Dad & Mom both were diagnosed with covid-19. My Mom has recovered pretty well even though she's 76. My Dad has Parkinson's disease, and lymphoma. He has been in and out of hospital. I've been kinda preoccupied but I'm here now.
DeleteJD