Iggy Pop
Huxley's Neue Welt
Berlin, Germany
January 26, 1991
Soundboard Recording
Flac & MP3 320kbps
Cover Art Included
01 Raw Power
02 Five Foot One
03 Dirt / Loose
04 Lust For Life
05 China Girl
06 I Got A Right
07 Butt Town
08 Real Wild Child (Wild One)
09 My Baby Wants To Rock 'n' Roll
10 Neon Forest
11 Home
12 Brick By Brick
13 1969
14 Candy
15 I Wanna Be Your Dog
16 No Fun
17 Search And Destroy
Iggy Pop - vocals, guitar
Larry Mullins - drums
Whitey Kirst - guitar
Craig Pike - bass
This is a great gig from the Motor City's Original Punk, Iggy Pop. Growing up in Detroit at the time I did you almost couldn't help being a fan of Motown, Bob Seger, Ted Nugent and Iggy Pop. I had an aunt (my favorite aunt by the way) who hung out at The Grande Ballroom when The Grande was the spot to be. She made sure I had a good introduction to music. When I was pretty young she bought me my first copy of The Woodstock Soundtrack (which is what I attribute my wide music taste to). She also bought me The MC5 Kick Out The Jams, and The Stooges debut album. I've been a fan of both since I was about 10. So I had to include some Iggy in my tribute to Motor City Music. Iggy Pop and Lou Reed are both mentioned almost in the same breath when it comes to influence on what would be called Punk Rock. Both were doing it when no one had a name for what they were doing. In the early days of both, they were so against the grain that they were deep into their respective careers before that recognition was finally given. Both, it seemed, were kept in Cult Favorite status for way too long. Thanks to loyal fans, who became musicians themselves, who talked about that influence, the masses were brought to what Iggy & Lou had to offer. I miss the days of seeing Iggy in a small place like The Center Stage, but love the fact that when he comes through now he packs a place like Pine Knob!
Huxley's Neue Welt
Berlin, Germany
January 26, 1991
Soundboard Recording
Flac & MP3 320kbps
Cover Art Included
01 Raw Power
02 Five Foot One
03 Dirt / Loose
04 Lust For Life
05 China Girl
06 I Got A Right
07 Butt Town
08 Real Wild Child (Wild One)
09 My Baby Wants To Rock 'n' Roll
10 Neon Forest
11 Home
12 Brick By Brick
13 1969
14 Candy
15 I Wanna Be Your Dog
16 No Fun
17 Search And Destroy
Iggy Pop - vocals, guitar
Larry Mullins - drums
Whitey Kirst - guitar
Craig Pike - bass
This is a great gig from the Motor City's Original Punk, Iggy Pop. Growing up in Detroit at the time I did you almost couldn't help being a fan of Motown, Bob Seger, Ted Nugent and Iggy Pop. I had an aunt (my favorite aunt by the way) who hung out at The Grande Ballroom when The Grande was the spot to be. She made sure I had a good introduction to music. When I was pretty young she bought me my first copy of The Woodstock Soundtrack (which is what I attribute my wide music taste to). She also bought me The MC5 Kick Out The Jams, and The Stooges debut album. I've been a fan of both since I was about 10. So I had to include some Iggy in my tribute to Motor City Music. Iggy Pop and Lou Reed are both mentioned almost in the same breath when it comes to influence on what would be called Punk Rock. Both were doing it when no one had a name for what they were doing. In the early days of both, they were so against the grain that they were deep into their respective careers before that recognition was finally given. Both, it seemed, were kept in Cult Favorite status for way too long. Thanks to loyal fans, who became musicians themselves, who talked about that influence, the masses were brought to what Iggy & Lou had to offer. I miss the days of seeing Iggy in a small place like The Center Stage, but love the fact that when he comes through now he packs a place like Pine Knob!

Thanks!
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome!
Deletejustdave
I have this on CD, got it from someplace in Royal Oak, or was it FlipSide in Clawson, can't recall. Damn fun show.
ReplyDeleteAhh Flipside..I've bought quite a lot from that place. I've been there recently they've scaled-down the CD section and carry a lot more old vinyl. If you're into vinyl I would recommend The Detroit Record Club they carry collectable quality vinyl records, vintage hi-fi equipment. I bought an unopened copy of J. Geils Band's You're Getting Even While I'm Getting Odd for $15. It's the only album they did without Peter Wolf on vocals. The keyboard player and the drummer sang all the tracks. It tanked but I had to have a copy of it because it never came out on CD except for bootlegs. It actually is not that good, I don't care for it anyway, some people do. Hey reminds me I couldn't email the link for Hot & Tight to you it kept bouncing back. If you still want it I uploaded it to MEGA (I use that one for private links) at the link below:
Deletehttps://mega.nz/file/xJBg1R4Z#1PwfWLuSI8n9wuINCz-ojmU_jubU5W47dYU142I5D7o
Let me know when you get it
JD